Old 06-03-2003, 04:51 AM
Julie

Default Mature size of these roses

Radika Kesavan wrote

(Purple Buttons)
Good luck. Out here, before it settled down, it suffered from rust, in a
sunny and open spot, which is very unusual. Every time I removed the
rusty leaves, new and vigorous ones sprung up very quickly. Needed a lot
of water, and finally, settled down beautifully with lots of leaves,
flowers and everything. I will be very eager to know about its blackspot
resistance. Since it is a gorgeous rose, I wish for your sake that it is
able to hold on. It might take more than a year for it before you can
given an honest assessment of whether or not it is a keeper.

Rust is almost nonexistant here, I've never seen it on a rose, but I
saw something that I *think* was rust on a plumeria in a nursery.
This is the home of choice for BS (and thrips and aphids and...).
I've never given up on a rose in less than two years, If its color and
scent are as advertised, I'll give it plenty of time to prove itself.

LOL! Depends on whether the other people in the household like their
lawns as much as we like our roses, I suppose.

I see you understand my situation very well.

Heh Heh. Right.

Gruss an Aachen

That't good news. Small and bushy, I need to choose more roses like
this, instead of the really BIG ones that require so much space. But
I really, really like big roses!

Same here, Julie. Big, tall, beautiful and handsome, very productive,
self-supporting, disease free - I might as well be describing what I
would like to see in an adolescent girl or boy :-).

or a man....vbg