Old 27-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Nedra

Default How much top off is safe?

Well ... it just depends, BV. What brand of Dechlor
are you using? Short answer is to go ahead and put "some"
dechlor in the pond. Better off with some in the water than
none at all.
"They" say you can top off 5% with no harm
done to the fish.

What Brand you are using?

Nedra
"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
I want to avoid repeating my mistake of adding too much new water, and
killing my fish. I have dechlor but wonder if it is safe to top off

without
it? I don't yet have a device for measuring gallons added, so I am forced

use a 30 gallon rubbermaid, so you can imagine top offs take forever.

Can I safely add 3-4 inches of water without hurting anything? Should I

just
add some dechlor anyway? Can you over dechlor?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond