Old 28-06-2003, 12:10 AM
Graham Broadbridge

Default QT/nursery tank

For about 10 years I raised anglefish fry and sold them to the LFS.

I never attempted to do that in a planted tank, I always used a totally
clean tank with no substrate and no plants. Fry always leave leftover food
and goop around and it's much simpler to vacuum out of a clean tank.

Graham.

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
I'm about to purchase a new tank to use for QT and to try to raise some
fry. This tank will go in the master bedroom, on top of a wooden chest of
drawers. The tank will be planted, of course...
I was thinking of getting one of those eclipse combos, a 30 gallon looked
nice. It comes with 40W of fluorescent light.
Does anybody think it's not a good choice for the location? I certainly
don't want to deal with hoses and cables all over the place. The eclipse
concept is certainly convenient, but does it work?
Any advise would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv