Old 28-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Ben Griffin

Default [IBC] Lichen or knot, here it comes

"The presence of lichens tells you that you have clean
air, which is good for your trees, too."

I have lichens on a few of my trees here in NY city.
I must admit that they did not begin growing here but
were on the trees when i bought them. However some
have survived and not diminished but increases over
the past 6 years. I wouldn't think our air here was
that clean.....so why have they continued to thrive.
But maybe im wrong since New York City is an island.
On that note what are some of the least hardy trees in
polluted air?

Ben

http://sbc.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++