Old 28-06-2003, 02:56 AM
animaux

Default Vinegar/water weed killing solution? NOT!

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:56:16 GMT, Salty Thumb
wrote:

I don't know what the "correct" concentration is, but you might want to
start with 1 tablespoon vinegar to 1 quart water. (I could be way off).

You are way off. Why make the suggestion without knowing anything about it?
So, if this person asked how to use orthene, you'd make a recommendation without
knowing the correct concentration? Sorry if I sound ****y, but gee wiz, why
make any recommendation.

The correct dilution is NOT TO DILUTE it and to buy 20% by volume acidity
vinegar sold in horticultural centers. It's not the kind you use for food.

Use more or less depending on how dilute your vinegar is to start with.

Oh, that so much better. Sheesh.

The idea is to make your own mini-acid rain storm, vinegar being acetic
acid. I also don't know if this will kill your weeds, but having used this
method, I know it sure will make them turn brown fast on a hot day.

-- Salty

Acid rain is vinegar? Wow, learn something new every day.