Old 28-06-2003, 03:08 AM
RichToyBox

Default How much top off is safe?

BV,

I add my dechlor directly to the pond during filling. After you have done
it a few times, you know how many of those 30 gallon cans it takes to bring
the water level up one inch or two inches. That gives you a good idea of
how many gallons of water you will be adding. Then add approximately the
appropriate amount and you will be more than fine.
--
RichToyBox

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
I want to avoid repeating my mistake of adding too much new water, and
killing my fish. I have dechlor but wonder if it is safe to top off

without
it? I don't yet have a device for measuring gallons added, so I am forced

use a 30 gallon rubbermaid, so you can imagine top offs take forever.

Can I safely add 3-4 inches of water without hurting anything? Should I

just
add some dechlor anyway? Can you over dechlor?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond