Old 06-03-2003, 05:39 AM
jammer

Default best way to water African Violets

Those pots are good, but mine out-grow them so fast!

On 06 Mar 2003 05:19:56 GMT, (JStubbs358) wrote:

I'm no expert but either I lucked out or had the perfect window for them
because mine rarely go without blooms. I did find that I had to use a self
watering african violet pot(you can get them at Lowes or at specialty stores)
and I swear only by Peters african violets food. I mixed the it to the weaker
directions and mine bloom and bloom. There are brief times when they don't
bloom but my friends are amazed. I have them next to a north (more or less)
window But I do live in Texas. I imagine you need more light and would try any
light or lamp on the table so you can still enjoy them- because what good is it
if you never see them. I also swear the by the pots and Peters! Ps the leaves
don't melt they just turn brown and shrivel up!
Judy zone 8B

jammer