Old 06-03-2003, 05:39 AM
jammer

Default best way to water African Violets

I dont think so, i think you are trying too hard maybe. I live in 7A
and my west window makes them thrive. I use AV potting soil, bottom
water, and i have never fed one. (Actually, i lied. I JUST for the
first time gave it some the other day with the rest of the plants)
They rarely stop blooming. And no, i am not one of those that can grow
anything. NO WAY. No matter where i have lived, i have always started
them out in the kitchen window.

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 05:32:41 GMT, Tracey wrote:

Anything I'm missing?

I don't know about the light requirements. I had quite a
few when I lived in Minneapolis and they bloomed pretty
consistently for me. The only time they didn't bloom was
after I repotted. They like to be rootbound basically.

Tracey

jammer