Old 28-06-2003, 04:44 AM
GD

Default Where to buy critters?

Nematodes are one of the more numerous groups of spineless animals,
and as mentioned earlier in this thread, fill many, many niches. It
has been stated that if all matter on earth except for that making up
nematodes was removed, the general shape of the planet and all things
on it would remain visible, as outlined by the vast numbers of the
roundworms. Virtually everyone, at some point in their life,
supports a fauna of nematodes. Ewww, right?

"Hank Pagel" wrote:

I thought you put nematodes on your lawn. They feed on grubs .....
when the grubs are gone they die from starvation.

"BenignVanilla" m
wrote in message ...

"Sue Alexandre" wrote in message
Hi, BV:
I bought some snails, bullfrog tadpoles, red worms, and plants from

this
place: http://berkshirebio.com/ and was pleased with the items and

the
prices. 12 bullfrog tadpoles was $20, and they have different

packages
for snails, but I got the 25 pond snails for $10. Hope that helps.

Checked out the site. Nematodes? Hydra? Cool. Are these pond safe
critters
also?

BV.