Old 28-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Jan Flora

Default slightly OT -- wine recipies

In article , "Dave Allyn"
(Dave Allyn) wrote:

An old friend of mine (my father's really) used to make homemade wine
all the time in the basement. He had several large wine casks he
used, and lots of people actually were after his wine alot. he never
sold it, just gave it away. He has since died. My question is this:
How do you make wine? I know there are kits out there, and I have
looked at them, but they all seem to have a powder you add to the mix,
and you have to keep ordering the powder from them. does anyone have
a good recipe?

another friend of mine always said you could make wine out of almost
any fruit, and he used apples, peaches, pears, whatever he could find.

I know this is OT, but I didn't really want to have another NG to
keep up on, and hoped you guys might be able to help out....

thanks again...

email: daveallyn at bwsys dot net
please respond in this NG so others
can share your wisdom as well!

The powder was probably winemaker's yeast. You can ferment just about
anything. We make raspberry and rhubarb wine up here (seperately) in Alaska.
Do a web search. You'll find LOADS of help.

Jan