Old 28-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Kay Easton

Default compost bin

In article , cpemma
writes
Dave wrote:
got my hands on a empty 50 galleon plastic drum with the top cut off
I would like to adapt it into a compost bin does anyone have any tips
on making it as efficient as possible rather than just chucking my
garden rubbish in it and hoping for the best thanks in advance

Cut the bottom off as well, for good drainage and to let the worms in and
out. Ventilation holes seem to be optional, my ex-council bins don't have
any apart from the gaps round the bottom door flap. And 2 bins are essential
for continuity.

Three! One to fill, one to mature, and one to empty

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: