Old 28-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Jan Flora

Default Cutworms

In article , Noydb
wrote:

FDR wrote:

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:54:30 GMT, "FDR"

wrote in rec.gardens.edible:

[...]

Unfortunately, I am leaving on vacation for a week starting tomorrow.

On top of that, i live in zone 5a (Syracuse NY) so the remaining growing
season is 2-3 months at best.

--
Gardening Zones
Canada Zone 5a

Plant them directly and deeply in the soil. SOAK the soil. Upend a 2 liter
soda bottle full of water to continue weeping water into the soil while you
are gone. (Plug the hole with a piece of rag.) Mulch like crazy and have a
nice vacation. When you get back you will be no worse off than now and you
may be quite a bit ahead of where you are today. Even if the tomatoes do
not ripen, both fried and pickled green tomatoes are what life is all
about.

:-)

Bill

Hmm. I just saved your post to my files -- good idea, pard : )

So what's your recipe for fried green 'maters anyway?

Jan, up yonder in Alaska