Old 28-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Joseph Meehan

Default Vinegar/water weed killing solution? NOT!

"animaux" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:56:16 GMT, Salty Thumb
wrote:

I don't know what the "correct" concentration is, but you might want to
start with 1 tablespoon vinegar to 1 quart water. (I could be way off).

You are way off. Why make the suggestion without knowing anything about

it?
So, if this person asked how to use orthene, you'd make a recommendation

without
knowing the correct concentration? Sorry if I sound ****y, but gee wiz,

why
make any recommendation.

Way off from the normal recommendation for fast results, yes. However I
am not sure the suggestion was that far off. In addition it was properly
identified with a "I don't know what the "correct" concentration is.." which
makes it a lot better than many responces in newsgroups in my book.

The correct dilution is NOT TO DILUTE it and to buy 20% by volume acidity
vinegar sold in horticultural centers. It's not the kind you use for

food.

Use more or less depending on how dilute your vinegar is to start with.

Oh, that so much better. Sheesh.

It sure made sence to me, maybe you were just having a bad day?

The idea is to make your own mini-acid rain storm, vinegar being acetic
acid. I also don't know if this will kill your weeds, but having used

this
method, I know it sure will make them turn brown fast on a hot day.

-- Salty

Acid rain is vinegar? Wow, learn something new every day.

You are wrong with this comment. It is the acidity that is the active
factor in using vinegar. The effects of acid rain would be the same with
acetic acid as the usual components of acidic rain, which if I remember
correctly is sulfuric acid.

I would rate Salty's suggestion as good while yours contributed almost
nothing to the question.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math