Old 28-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Jan Flora

Default Basil flowering

In article , Pat Meadows
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:18:23 -0400, Pam
wrote:

Pam, who had her first basil and tomato sandwich of the season
yesterday evening.

Isn't anything much better than that, is there? We've got
the basil but not the tomatoes yet...only little ones on the
miniature Red Robin plants.

Pat

Ick. Do your Red Robins taste okay? I've never eaten one I liked.

We've been eating Tumblers for a couple of weeks now, from the kitchen-
window plant. The 'maters have good taste. Not as good as Sweet 100's
and they're bigger (golf ball size), but a damned sight better than the little
red ball bearings that the grocery store sells for $3/lb.

I always put leaf lettuce and a pansy in the planters next to the door of
our house. (Edible landscaping.) So we're eating fresh lettuce from
the planters and 'maters out of the windowsill. My garden is just kicking
into gear and isn't producing food yet. Soon though : )

Jan
Zone 3, Alaska