Old 28-06-2003, 01:20 PM
FDR

Default Cutworms

"Joanne" wrote in message
om...
"FDR" wrote in message

Unfortunately, I am leaving on vacation for a week starting tomorrow.

On top of that, i live in zone 5a (Syracuse NY) so the remaining growing
season is 2-3 months at best.

Unfortunately you won't see this (vacation and all) but here is my 2
cents.

When planting my seedlings I place them inside 1/2 of the cardboard
centre of a toilette paper roll which is immersed about 1 inch into
the soi;. It creates a barrier. Does this make sense? Got this idea
from Martha Stewart several years ago and think what you will, it
seems to work.

The stupid part of all this is that I was reading about cutworms and was
going to put collars on and then ditched the idea becasue I didn't expect a
problem since I've never had them before.

jcm
Toronto, Ontario
Canadian zone 5b, don't know my U.S. zone equivilant.
Thanks to global warming it's bloody hot here!