Old 06-03-2003, 07:28 AM
M. Tiefert

Default Meyer lemon tree question

In article , Charles wrote:
On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 04:30:40 GMT, "Me"
wrote:

I live in Southern California. How many times a year can I expect my Meyer
lemon tree to produce lemons? My tree was full of lemon's from November to
January. Now I see little green ones popping up.
I'm not sure if it's two crops a year or one.
Thanks.

They generally bear all year. Lemons are picked by size, and are
usually harvested four times a year.

Unless it's a backyard tree of course - then you just go out and get a
lemon whenever you need one. Great thing for when your relatives from
places that have winter are visiting - just casually send them to the
garden for a lemon while you're making salad dressing.

cheers,

Marj

* * *
Marj Tiefert: http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/