Old 28-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Captain Infinity

Default What kind of flower is this?

Once Upon A Time Cereoid-UR12yo wrote:

Already answered this question before.

Sorry.

Your plant is an "Evening Primrose", Oenother fruticosa. Its a widespread
and variable species native to the USA. You will find it in all the books on
hardy perennial plants.

Thank you.

If you were able to find it on a google serch, you must have seen it before.

Nope. I just did an image search on "yellow flower" and scanned the
results until I got to one that looked right. Unfortunately, the web
site that had this photo did not list a name for the flower, and though I
did see a few images labeled "evening primrose" during my search, the
associated pictures always had more petals than the ones in my garden.

Thanks again for the ID. Now that I know what it is, tons of web sites
come up in a search.

**
Captain Infinity