Old 06-03-2003, 08:50 AM
Andrew G

Default Bug problem

"Kymberly Fergusson" wrote in message
Hi all,

New here, with a bug problem.
For a while I had aphids under control thanks to a lovely colony of 'good'
ladybugs. But they have disappeared and been replaces by some other kind
of bug that looks similar in shape, but has lots of white spots, and

ruined
my remaining sweet corn. The aphids are back, as are the white fly, and I
am misssing my ladybugs.

I was wondering if anyone knew what these new white spotted bugs were,
and how to treat them, and if they would damage anything else in my
vegie garden? I would prefer to use non-toxic (obviously, something like
pyrethrum) as it's a very prolific food garden.

Thanks heaps,

Kym
(Melbourne)
--
Kymberly Fergusson
www.csse.monash.edu.au/~kef

I'm not too sure on what the "new" bugs are.
At work we have got Aphids under control on the standard roses using Neem
Oil. We notice they do come back probably after about a month or 2, but not
in plague proportions. However it is very safe to use and we need it as it's
right near an eating area.
It's extracted from neem seeds.
From memory it is Systemic too. I will try find out where it's ordered from
tomorrow, or you could try searching the internet for it.
Other than that I am not too sure what else you could try. There is a garlic
spray, but for us it didn't really seem to work well at all.
Good luck

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply