Old 29-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Salty Thumb

Default What to do with a skunk in a live trap?

H Hornblower wrote in newsehsfvove7kak5nktdflaaonjvjt82nve8@
4ax.com:

I have disposed of a couple of nocturnal coons with a big
Havahart trap. I live in the city , but by a railroad track with a
variety of wildlife. I'd never thought about what I'd do if I caught a
skunk in the thing until I saw one in the yard one morning. What a
mess that could be.

If you live in a city or suburb, call your city's animal control to see if
they will pick one up. If not, either put up signs by the trap saying
"Absolutely no skunks allowed" or practice opening the trap with a ten foot
pole.

-- Salty