Old 29-06-2003, 05:08 AM
zxcvbob

Default Vinegar/water weed killing solution?

I wonder why this is any better than the hydrochloric acid some idiot posts
about here every once in a while? (I would dilute the hyrochloric quite a
bit from what you get at the hardware store.) Acetic acid and citric acid
will be broken down by soil bacteria; hydrochloric will ionize to H+ and
Cl- and there's nothing to break down.

Bob

des-weges wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:26:34 -0700, des-weges
wrote:

A business license is needed here.

http://www.organiccompounds.com/shop...sp?productID=6

Accessible to gardeners here.
http://www.groworganic.com/a/item_PB...cide25gal.html

Non-Selective Weed and Grass Herbicide Use this alternative herbicide
for environmentally-responsible vegetation management. Made from a
special blend of synergistic components that cause burn-down of
unwanted top growth foliage. Effective on weeds such as lambsquarters,
foxtail, pigweed, plantain, burdock, bindweed, dandelion and Mouseear
chickweed. Repeat applications may be needed for perennial weeds.

Contents: Active ingredients include citric acid and garlic and other
ingredients include acetic acid and yucca extracts. Comes
ready-to-use.

Applying Use a shield when spot-treating. Approved for most food and
fiber crops. Apply when the air is calm and temperatures are between
65° F-90° F.

Exempt Pesticide: This pest control is exempt from registration and
reporting under Federal & California EPA standards and therefore
requires no Pest ID#.

Growing Organically: Listed by OMRI

MSDS
http://www.groworganic.com/a/pdf/msds/pbt771-m.pdf

"As crude a weapon as a cave man's club the chemical barrage has been hurled at the fabric of life."
Rachel Carson