Old 29-06-2003, 05:08 AM
NSF

Default Grass trees in France

Hi,

I have a friend who is a visitor from France who enjoys bushwalking
and is quite fascinated by grass trees, as they have nothing like them
in France. If she could take one home with her, she probably would.

It's a long shot, but I'm wondering if anybody knows how she could
obtain a grass tree to try growing when she returns home? Maybe even
contact details of a supplier of exotic (or just Australian) plants in
France? I thought it might be possible to buy seeds while here
(though there are probably quarrantine issues with that), but have
read that they take a very long time to grow from seeds.

I'm not really into gardening or botany myself, so sorry if this
question is very ignorant.

Thanks.