Old 29-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Simon Avery

Default Stihl FS400 strimmer

"Chris" wrote:

Hello Chris

C Just bought a secondhand FS400, it seems to have a slight
C leak from one of the fuel pipes, the short crinkley one, on
C top of the fuel tank, it seems to have been stretched a bit
C to the point where the rubber seal end of the pipe is
C slightly above the tank. Of course I am only guessing here
C but I suspect it may have been shortened, as its very taut,
C by a diy repair merchant. Is this a common fault, is it
C really worth bothering about, if it is a serious fault,
C where can I get a new tank.

These pipes perish with age (don't know the model, unsure if it's a
new one or not). They perish most often at the nipple to the tank or
carb and the bodgers choice method of fixing it is to cut off the
split and reattach, which can make it shorter and tight.

They're generally quite interchangeable and most garden machinery
places will be able to replace it out of stock if you take the old one
in (and mention you need it a few mm longer).