Old 29-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Simon Avery

Default Stihl FS400 strimmer

"Chris" wrote:

Hello Chris

C I probably bought the wrong one, the head I ordered has 4
C points, is that the right head for heavy material? The bloke
C in the shop said the head covers all types of material that
C I am likely to meet, theres also a head with 3 points and
C one almost like a circular saw blade which I assume is
C for heavy bramble type tree material.

3 or 4 is fine for heavy bramble, but will kick back more on thick
stems. 3 is supposed to be better in thin stuff as you can "swat" down
through it easier, but in practice I've found little difference in
use. Both are good multi-purpose blades.