Old 29-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Denise

Default PIC-BEAR fishing at my pond!!!!

Will a scarecrow, net, electric wire etc, deter a hungry bear from
feeding on our Koi?

We have several black bears roaming around these woods, mostly getting
into garbage (not ours, it's stored in large box inside garage) and
destroying bird feeders. I bring my feeders in at night, keeping in
little cottage behind my house.

I have never seen any evidence of the bears going near any of my three
small ponds. Just the one in front of porch has fish in it. Maybe being
so close to the house deters them? Maybe it's that there's already a
"bear" claiming the pond LOL.

Seriously, I will keep my fish in the tank if I start having any serious
predator problem. I really don't want to call the taxidermist again to
see if he wants a dead animal...

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc