Old 29-06-2003, 02:05 PM
sw

Default New Zealand yam

Dwayne wrote:

Could you contact the produce persons in your grocery stores, and see if
they can obtain them for you? You might find one that has that capibility.
Once you have the tubors in your possession, you should be able to grow your
own "slips" from them, to plant later.

Possibly, although I'd have to find a store selling *seriously* exotic
vegetables :-) I could also investigate the possibility of airmailing a
half dozen tubers from NZ, but I wondered whether anyone had already
tried to grow the things.
I'm a vegetable novice; even if I acquired some I'd probably kill the
resultant plants...

regards
sarah

--