Old 29-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Glen Scott

Default Help... Dying Koi!

BTW...
I've increased the salt in my to so that it is on the high end of
"normal" ((according to my little salt tester)).
The nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, and pH are all in the "normal" range
too...

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 09:03:31 -0400, Glen Scott
wrote:

Where do I begin... ((Let's start with my pond stats))
I have a 1500 gal pond, with about 10 Koi, and a couple comets...
There are tons of plants, airation, and circulation...
I also use a UV filter (not sterilizer).

Several weeks ago (after some spawning), a couple of my Koi developed
ulcers... A "friend" of mine deciced to help me treat the ulcers with
"Anti-Ulcer" (he treated the entire pond). The problem is that he
treated for 2800 gallons, not 1500 gallons... When I noticed that my
fish were all gasping at the surface, I questioned my "friend", and
immediately did a partial water change. The fish seemed to be
happier...

The next couple of days, the temperature went from the 70's up into
the 90's (with lots of humidity). My fish started hiding under
things, and would not eat... Many of them also developed "white fuzzy
patches"... ((I assume this is either ich or fungus)). I've lost a
total of 5 fish...

WHAT CAN I DO??? Do you think that the "anti-ulcer" medication is
still effecting the fish?? How long do medications stay in a pond??
Should I use Formalin to treat the fungus/ich problem??

TIA