Old 29-06-2003, 03:44 PM
JohnDKestell

Default Another garden bandit bagged!

Yeah, I suppose transporting one of those bad boys in your car to work isn't a
good idea!

I didn't tell my wife on a recent camping trip up there (i'm here in AL) that
it was wicked serious bear country. we saw a couple of cubs on the way to the
campsite and she said "how cute!" (and they really were), but she said "why
are you blowing on that whistle?" and I made up some bs( but where there's
babies, there's also mama--and that should concern you!). and that evening, I
was throwing a rope over a limb to tie up the food, and threw the cooking pots
in a sack in the river, and she didn't know about that either.

The next morning, there were like claw marks on the tree that I tied the food
sack over, and BIG foot prints underneath where she tried to jump up there and
get it. I don't think I'll get her out there again!

My girl was ****ED OFF that I sort of , and on complete accident of course,
neglected to say anything prior to the trip.

I'm glad those bad boys aren't in my garden, but the local feral cats seem to
really like to do a little buissness in there.

later
john