Old 29-06-2003, 03:44 PM
John Rutz

Default Iris

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
See Lotus regarding my quirky lilypond pH/Buffer Problems.

I have 5 different iris varieties, 4 in the Lily pond and 5 in my koi ponds
and this spring only the black gamecock bloomed. All I can figure is the
iris didn't like the high pH in the lily pond. The one's in the koi pond
were held in a kiddy pool with only a couple of small goldfish for
fertilizer and water that got quite warm last summer. They were moved to
the koi ponds to replace the tropicals during winter and spring. Not a one
bloomed. The black gamecock was in the lilypond. Any ideas, guesses? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

--

Jan
if i remembwer the weather reports right

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com