Old 29-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Sue Alexandre

Default Scarecrow

Thanks, DS - it's certainly worth a try. We asked at Home Depot about
something to reduce the water pressure and they said the only thing they
carry is the "whole house" reducers. Actually, I haven't looked online yet,
either, so maybe between the internet and Wally World I'll have success.
Sue

"D. S." wrote in message
I got a pressure reducer at Wally World. It has a max. out put of 30psi.
It's in the gardening section with the drip irrigation supplies. Maybe

that
would work?

D.S.
"Sue Alexandre" wrote in message
newsaNKa.23655$G6.20337@lakeread04...
I received my motion-activated scarecrow yesterday and got to go out and

set
it up and play with it today . . . it is AWESOME!! I am very

impressed
with the design and the quality, and the thing really works well!

Well,
don't know about working on predators yet, but it sure did get me soaked
quite a few times tonight, and my husband, too! We're not used to

having
it around yet and got caught by it many times.... too funny! The

only
two things I need to buy now are some sort of water pressure reducer....

our
pressure is at 120 and they don't recommend using it with pressure over

80,
and a "Y" with a short piece of hose. I can see that it will be a pain

in
the butt to keep disconnecting the hose to use around the pond and

garden
and then connecting it back up to the scarecrow when it's time to go in.
Anyway, if anyone has ever hesitated getting one, do yourself a favor

and
indulge, it's really neat. I'm going to try and make sure the

neighborhood
kids don't hear about it, though, or they will be over "playing" with it

all
the time. Those are actually the predators I would LOVE to deter, but
water ain't gonna do it.
Sue