Old 29-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Natalie

Default Plant identification needed and a few questions!

I'm afraid I am a bit of a novice here. Do you happen to know if it is a

'weed' or
actually a plant that people grow purposely?

Don't apologise for your lack of knowledge...we all had to start at the
beginning ;-)

The common name Bindweed is a true description of this plant. It twines
round anything it can and tends to strangle it. Therefore it is normally
treated as a weed, although it is pretty when it is in flower ;-)

Also, do you know if it would grow in a shaded area?

It will grow anywhere!

Natalie