Old 29-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Default what is this plant?

It is best to grow your Rhipsalis as one would a "Christmas Cactus" or any
other epiphytic cactus.

Give it plenty of light but not direct sun light, grow in a humasy soil mix,
allow the soil to go dry between waterings, do not let the plant sit in
standing water, fertilize with a houseplant fertilizer at 1/4 strength.

What in the heck is a "Cigar Plant" supposed to be? Does it have anything to
do with Moncia Lewinsky? Don't you just hate those cutesy common names?

Lance R. wrote in message
. com...
Thank you very much. All of you. We were given some cuttings of

this
plant, and told that it was called a "cigar plant". After the poor

growth,
I decided to look for help, at which time I realized that this was not a
"cigar plant". Thanks for the advice, now perhaps we can give this

plant
what it needs.

Lance

Speaking of giving the plant what it needs (I'm about to search the net) -
any tips? Right now we have a couple of cuttings in a medium sized indoor
pot with miracle grow potting soil, kept moist.

Lance