Old 29-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Default earth-friendly algae killer?

You already know the answer but didn't make the connection.

Soak them overnight in dilute Chlorine bleach.

Dave Gower wrote in message
I have several hundred feet of plastic tubing which I use to water various
plants, shrubs and trees on my property. It has a hose attachment and

works
well to deliver a slow stream of warmed water (I am on a well, and here in
Ontario well water is cold all summer).

It works better than a garden hose since it naturally has a low flow rate
and therefore is easier to get a dependable rate of water delivery. It is
also easier to handle and store than several hundred feet of garden hose.
The problem with it is algae build-up. Since it is semi-transparent, algae
grows on the inside and constantly gives me plugging problems.

I guess the answer is periodic flushing with an algaecide, so my question,
what can I use that will not be toxic to the soil (I am on septic, not

city
sewer). I've never had a swimming pool, so how about the pool algae

killers?
Any home remedies?