Old 29-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Joseph Meehan

Default earth-friendly algae killer?

I might suggest flushing it out with tap water every morning. That will
put fresh chlorine in the hose every day. Water the grass with it if
needed. Also storing it somewhere out of the light would help.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Dave Gower" wrote in message
I have several hundred feet of plastic tubing which I use to water various
plants, shrubs and trees on my property. It has a hose attachment and

works
well to deliver a slow stream of warmed water (I am on a well, and here in
Ontario well water is cold all summer).

It works better than a garden hose since it naturally has a low flow rate
and therefore is easier to get a dependable rate of water delivery. It is
also easier to handle and store than several hundred feet of garden hose.
The problem with it is algae build-up. Since it is semi-transparent, algae
grows on the inside and constantly gives me plugging problems.

I guess the answer is periodic flushing with an algaecide, so my question,
what can I use that will not be toxic to the soil (I am on septic, not

city
sewer). I've never had a swimming pool, so how about the pool algae

killers?
Any home remedies?