Old 29-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Jim W

Default planting a slope

mick wrote:

I have a bank - done out as a "rookery" of sorts.

A rookery? Surely a rockery? A Rookery is a group of tall trees where
rooks live.

The soil is poor and very dry. Its east facing.
What can I grow that will stand the conditions? The plants need to be low
maintenance, evergreen if possible and growing to about 2/3 ft
All suggestions welcomed with thanks

Saxifrages and other succulents such as sempervivums.. Hederas,
choose from the 100's of cultivars available mail order.
Geraniums.. Many will cope with dry soil once established..

Also check books/literature for 'dry position' planting.