Old 29-06-2003, 07:21 PM
Fenny

Default Strawberry runners

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Rick McGreal say...
I have also noted a couple of growths starting on both stems....I'm
hoping this is a couple of runners starting!

Mine were trying to grab me by the ankles and trip me up when I was
out picking the fruit this afternoon. Another 1.5 lb today :-)

Pound and a half?!
Wow...How many plants do you have?!

LOTS!

I started with a couple of dozen about 3 years ago and due to not having
the time to keep the veg patch in order last summer, they have taken
over the whole of the area - about 15ft x 10ft or so apart from a couple
of clumps of Autumn Bliss raspberries I put in last year.

I've had about 15lb of strawberries in the last 2 weeks and there are
still plenty more to come. I've been giving them away to the neighbours
as I haven;t had tome to make more than one batch of jam.
--
Fenny
Fictitious Facts of the Day - from a list by Andrew Burford
#119: A new dramatic school for overacting has been opened in
Birmingham.