Old 29-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Lance R.

Default what is this plant?

"Cereoid-UR12yo" wrote in message
news
It is best to grow your Rhipsalis as one would a "Christmas Cactus" or any
other epiphytic cactus.

Give it plenty of light but not direct sun light, grow in a humasy soil
mix,
allow the soil to go dry between waterings, do not let the plant sit in
standing water, fertilize with a houseplant fertilizer at 1/4 strength.

What in the heck is a "Cigar Plant" supposed to be? Does it have anything

do with Moncia Lewinsky? Don't you just hate those cutesy common names?

Thanks for that. I will follow your instructions and see what happens. I
haven't been able to find much on the net about this particular plant. I
did read your answer to my fiance, who said that her Aunt, whom she got the
plant from, has one which has grown quite large and healthy growing in only
water (no soil).

A "cigar plant" (Cuphea ignea):
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...hea_ignea.html

Lance