Old 06-03-2003, 11:51 AM
LeighMo

Default How zealous are Ottos?

A question regarding zuccini: Should it be blanched first? I put a slice
in and they nibbled it a bit, but then stopped. Perhaps there was still
enough algae in the tank to feed them. I'm not sure. Is it better to
slightly cook the zuccini so that it is softer? Any zuccini feeders out
there?

Some people nuke the zucchini for 45 seconds or so, to soften it.

I just freeze mine. When I buy a zucchini for the fish, I slice it, put it in
a ziploc bag, then put it in the freezer. I can pull out a slice whenever I
need one. It thaws quickly, and since it's been frozen, it's nice and soft for
the fish.

Leigh