Old 29-06-2003, 08:09 PM
More to Wiggle

Default Non-greenfingered type planning to massacre garden!

I'll say here and now that I am rubbish at gardening. I haven't a clue
although I have had various attempts, some of which have worked!

At the moment, I am planning to landscape my garden. Think I've been
watching too much Groundforce. Anyway, I have come up with a bit of a plan
and need some planting ideas on what will grow and what won't. Most of all,
does anyone know a website where I can plan my garden on the pc? Problems
with my garden include lousy soil (every year I have tried the spiking of
the lawn and brushing in of the sand and have fed it religiously but it is
still as crap as it always has been. My neighbours have a laurel hedge the
whole length of my garden which drains what little is left in the soil of
nutrients and water. To add to that, same neighbours have a huge sycamore
overhanging my garden and I don't even want to be drawn on the effects of
what I consider to be the weed of all trees - I hate it a lot and might get
rude about it!

I cannot do anything about these features but I do have a pleasant amount of
sun and shade all year. Any ideas much appreciated as well as pointers to
websites with plant guides and planning facilities.

Thanks

You may even get a convert on your hands!

Vicky

--
"Have you noticed since everyone has a camcorder in the car these days no
one talks about seeing UFO's like they used to?"