Old 29-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Mark

Default planting a slope

I too have an east facing slope and have made an alpine garden. The surface
is covered with fine gravel ('scree'), and the random choice of alpines I've
chosen seem to like it - they have grown five fold from the 99p size I
bought.

The only problems I can think of are (1) they like good drainage (2) They
won't give that much height (dwarf conifers could be used).

Mark

"mick" wrote in message
I have a bank - done out as a "rookery" of sorts.

The soil is poor and very dry. Its east facing.
What can I grow that will stand the conditions? The plants need to be low
maintenance, evergreen if possible and growing to about 2/3 ft
All suggestions welcomed with thanks