Old 29-06-2003, 09:09 PM
JennyC

Default Non-greenfingered type planning to massacre garden!

"More to Wiggle" wrote
I'll say here and now that I am rubbish at gardening. I haven't a

clue
although I have had various attempts, some of which have worked!

At the moment, I am planning to landscape my garden. Think I've

been
watching too much Groundforce. Anyway, I have come up with a bit of

a plan
and need some planting ideas on what will grow and what won't. Most

of all,
does anyone know a website where I can plan my garden on the pc?

Problems
with my garden include lousy soil (every year I have tried the

spiking of
the lawn and brushing in of the sand and have fed it religiously but

it is
still as crap as it always has been. My neighbours have a laurel

hedge the
whole length of my garden which drains what little is left in the

soil of
nutrients and water. To add to that, same neighbours have a huge

sycamore
overhanging my garden and I don't even want to be drawn on the

effects of
what I consider to be the weed of all trees - I hate it a lot and

might get
rude about it!

I cannot do anything about these features but I do have a pleasant

amount of
sun and shade all year. Any ideas much appreciated as well as

pointers to
websites with plant guides and planning facilities.

Thanks - You may even get a convert on your hands!
Vicky

Hi Vicky - welcome to URG :~)

Planning on the PC is often discussed here but the consensus of
opinion is that pencil and paper is probably the best way to go.

I have a list of design sites on my garden page which may be useful :
http://members.rott.chello.nl/ldejag...ndex.history.h
tm (scroll down to the bottom of the page......)

It would also be helpful if you tell us whereabouts your garden is :~)

HTH Jenny