Old 29-06-2003, 09:09 PM
mick

Default planting a slope

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1fxbxdf.6p3df91osjx9eN%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...
mick wrote:

I have a bank - done out as a "rookery" of sorts.

A rookery? Surely a rockery? A Rookery is a group of tall trees where
rooks live.

The soil is poor and very dry. Its east facing.
What can I grow that will stand the conditions? The plants need to be

low
maintenance, evergreen if possible and growing to about 2/3 ft
All suggestions welcomed with thanks

Saxifrages and other succulents such as sempervivums.. Hederas,
choose from the 100's of cultivars available mail order.
Geraniums.. Many will cope with dry soil once established..

Thanks,
A degree of lack of time and the fact the thing only needs three plants (
not a planting plan) to cover it is the reason I asked rather than searching
for the info.

As for the rookery. Well, the reason the ground is so dry is because the
ground is bounded by a a hedge of the dreaded Leyland which houses a
colony of crows most days - although they dont nest there..

Thats why there is only room to shove in three plants on the slope.