Old 29-06-2003, 10:21 PM
NBeckm1186

Default Parched rosebush

Six weeks ago I planted a scarlet Meidiland rosebush next to the house wall
under a roof overhang and watered it every other day. It looked great for a
week, loaded with buds. Then leaves started turning yellow at the base. I
started sprinkling twice a day, to no avail. Thinking it might be overwatered,
I pushed in the probe of a moisture detector (bought for house plants) and
found there was an inch of mud on top of very dry soil. We are on clay, if that
makes any difference. I hope it recovers! Has anyone else ever done anything
like this?

Nancy Beckmann