Old 06-03-2003, 01:03 PM
Dwayne

Default Another Asparagus question

They will get up to about 4 feet tall, and yes they will grow into the
fence. However, I cut mine down in February (Now I've started an arguement
in the newsgroup, others cut it in the fall.), and they will pull right out
of the fence.

Make the row permanent because you can enjoy years of production from it. I
like a raised row. Easier to keep out weeds/grasses, and gives you more
room to make the bottom layer more fertile than normal (cow manure). Any
more questions, contact me direct on here on the newsgroup. Dwayne

"Slinkky Jinks" wrote in message
I've never seen an Asparagus plant
and need to get a feel for its size.
I was thinking of running a row