Old 30-06-2003, 02:32 AM
10Sguy

Default Turtle Questions

I'm in the design stage for my first pond. I intend to have a few fish, the
usual array of plants and whatever else shows up. I'd also like to have a
resident turtle.

If I find a local turtle and bring it to my pond, is it likely to stay
around?

Would it be more ethical to purchase a turtle from a pet store?
Occasionally I see them along the roads where I ride bike. I'm sure some of
those that wonder onto the road meet an untimely demise.

As I understand it I'd need to provide an area where it can get easily get
out of the water. Are there any other special considerations for turtles?

Thanks.