Old 06-03-2003, 01:15 PM
Ray

Default Plant filteration ?

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:02:50 -0500, "BenignVanilla"
wrote:

"Ray" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have recently built a pond (8mtrx4mtrx900mm) and have a stream 1mtr
wide 200mm deap and is 14 mtrs long, which has plants in it, in the
pond I have 2 lilly and a few floating plants, I initially put in 10
koi (about 8 weeks ago) and now I have an extra 15/20 baby koi !! I am
not really sure how many really as the water is quite murky most days,
I was just wondering if there is anyone who has a similar simple
setup, and what kind of plants you have found to be best for
filteration, I have read a lot here about filter media bio filters and
bacteria, are the plants doing a similar thing ?
cheers ,

Ray, my pond is not yet complete, so I do not speak from experience, but it
appears the common belief on the NG is that watercress, water celery and
water hyacinth are great VF plants.

BV.

Thanks BV,
I will check it out at the w/end