Old 30-06-2003, 04:08 AM
LeighMo

Default Dosing?

I have been keeping 75g planted tank for 6 months. I read alot of info
on the net but no one really has the same opinion about DOSING. Can
someone reveal the secret. I have 4wpg. I use co2(2bubbles per sec). I
use Leaf Zone 0-0-3 liquid fert.(1 capful per day). Plants are growing
but some leaves are yellowish and the red ones are pale.

If you have 4 wpg over a 75 gallon tank, you need a better fertilizer than Leaf
Zone. Leaf Zone has just iron and potassium, I believe. With a high-light
tank like yours, you need more traces, and possibly some nitrate and phosphate,
too.

If money is an issue, read up on PMDD. (Mix your own fertilizer.) Otherwise,
you might give the Seachem line a try. You'll probably need Flourish, Flourish
Iron, and Flourish Potassium. Flourish tabs for root feeders, if you have root
feeding plants. And possibly Flourish Nitrogen and Flourish Phophorus, too.

Another possibility is Tropica Mastergrow. It's fairly complete, but it
doesn't have nitrate or phosphate, so if you need those, you'll have to add
them separately. (You might want to get a nitrate test kit to help you with
the dosing.)

Leigh