Old 06-03-2003, 01:40 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Lily retrieval

The sad thing is, I *have* the beach shoes: I just couldn't find them (had a
hard enough time finding my swimsuit!) Before I go in again, I'll either
find them, or replace them. I'm really glad the pond is as clean as it is,
or I *really* coulda stirred up a bunch of, ahem, "stuff". As far as
getting all wet anyway, if I get into some really weird contortions, I can
usually hook the pot with my fingertips and not get my hair wet (if I tie it
up).

All I know is that something's gonna change before I get back in to replace
the lilies (they're in buckets in the back yard until the weekend: I'm mad
at them right now!) and pull out my airstone for cleaning. Maybe I should
wait until the temp goes up another 5* or so???

Lee

"~ jan" wrote in message
s.com...
OMG! Lee!

Beach shoes (swim shoes, socks, whatever they call them), but you know, if
you had to get up to your waist, when you bent over you were gonna get all
wet anyway.... right?

So as mentioned, the hook method. In my case I purchased two long handled

3
pronged rakes, that look just like the short handled types for hand

digging
in the garden. Then I use baskets with rims, or for tropicals in round

pots
I put those round pots inside baskets with rims. ~ jan Brrrr