Old 30-06-2003, 08:20 AM
More to Wiggle

Default Non-greenfingered type planning to massacre garden!

"JennyC" wrote in message
It would also be helpful if you tell us whereabouts your garden is :~)

HTH Jenny

I live on the Isle of Wight. Real variety of soil in a small county! Also
a certain Mr Titchmarsh has a flat not far from me but I don't think he'd
appreciate me hammering on his door asking for advice. I suppose I'd
describe my soil as a layer of clay above a layer of chalk which is about 2
feet down. It's full of sandstone too and I don't know if this is natural
or put there in amongst manky topsoil by the builders who built my house
about 8 years ago. Large lumps of that form a rockery in my front garden
after my DH rotovated it prior to laying the lawn. I have had prior success
with a small veggie patch where I grew shallots, mange tout and courgettes
well but many got eaten by those below.

I should also add that I have major probs with woodlice - millions and
millions of them - as well as a plague of earwigs this year. The laurel
hedge seems to be occupied by wasps, the sycamore generates a plague of
greenfly and we have slugs and snails up to our ears.

Oh and what can you do about ground elder?

BTW does anyone want to swap gardens???? ;-)

Vicky