Old 30-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Skunky Skunky is offline
Registered User

Location: Worcestershire

IMO, genetically engineered fish is still not as cruel or any more ethical as catching wild fish and condemning them to a life in a tank, I've heard all types of statements for justification for doing so such as, fish not having to search for food, no predators etc, sorry, I'de sooner take my chances and be free.

As for injected fish, ban it, it should be illegal. Totally unacceptable and anybody who endorses it, let alone purchases them, is as sick and twisted as those low lifes who inflict such attrocious cruelty!

I know that for some areas of the world, their only income is from catching fish for the trade, but at what price, some fish have already seen dramatic drops in numbers, one in particular I'm led to believe is the Zebra plec, yet I still see them for sale, why?

I know a few of you keep Marine fish and inerts etc, which the majority of are wild caught I believe, personally I feel it should be banned. I know there are controlled catches around the world, but for some reefs etc, the damage has been done and some of it irreversible all because of high demand by the trade.

Being actively involved in raptor conservation in the U.K, I can foresee for different reasons, the future of certain species of tropical fish doomed! I know there are quite a few species of fresh water fish struggling to maintain numbers due mainly through habitat loss and pollution here in the U.K

Like most things, people will only sit up and realize, when it's to late!

Stuart

Maybe slightly off topic I know, but it just rattles my cage!
'Peace On Earth.....And In The Water'