Old 30-06-2003, 02:20 PM
John T. Jarrett

Default scorpion control?

Is there any time or situation that seems to drive them in?

Ants come in during droughts, deluges and freezes, for instance.

John

"amjordan" wrote in message

Ruth Shear wrote in message
news
G'day

I'm generally of the school of live and let live, but when I rolled my
19 month old over on the bed yesterday and saw a tiny (1/2 inch)
scorpion scuttle out of a fold of the bedsheet, I found my limit!

My first inclination was to call a pest control company (well chemfree
who I've heard are a bit more careful about what they spray around), but
does any one have any other suggestions that are less extreme?

DrRuth

Just wanted to add a tiny bit of advice that my mom gave me on a daily
basis
for years (since I didn't see it mentioned here). I grew up in an old

house
that had scorpion tenants (but absolutely no roaches) and the one thing my
mom was always saying was, "Shake out your shoes before you put them on!"
Just a small change in behavior, but it saved me several scorpion stings a
year.

Good luck with your war!

jordan